It’s finally the end of March and I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like it passed by so fast! How was March for you? Personally, it was a special month for me because I started my Time to K-pop blog and I’m really happy I did! What are some memorable things in March for you guys – K-pop related or non-related? Let me know in the comments!
Songs of the Month is an idea I had for a category when I started the blog. I decided to do it as a monthly thing, because doing it weekly would be too often. Since it’s finally the end of March, I thought I’d start posting it now, before it’s too late :3! Songs of the Month will basically be, as the title says, songs that I’ve discovered in the month that I really liked, and want to share with you guys. The songs won’t necessarily be released in that month, although many of them might be, but will be chosen by when I encountered them. Feel free to leave any song recommendations of your favorites from the month! Let’s go and get started!
By the way, this month might have a few songs from February too, since I obviously didn’t have a Songs of the Month then, so keep that in mind! Make sure to click the links if you haven’t listened to the songs already!
– 1004 – B.A.P.: Absolutely love this song! It’s obviously different from their Warrior style, but I really enjoyed both the song and their performance either! Their album, First Sensibility, is awesome too! P.S. Happy birthday to Bang Yong Guk (the leader of B.A.P)! :3
– You Deserve Better – Verbal Jint: There are a few things I have to say about this song. First off, I didn’t really find it this month, but I rediscovered it, and I realized how much I love it. It’s seriously one of my favorite K-pop songs. I don’t know why, I just find it so nice. Also, I don’t really know if the translation of the title is right so don’t blame me. :S Anyways, definitely give it a listen if you haven’t already!
– Mr. Mr. – SNSD: I won’t talk about this song too much, since many of you probably know it already, but I really thought it was a cool, catchy song!
– Some – JungGiGo & SoYou: A lot of you probably know this song too, since it’s been #1 in many music programs, but it’s still one of my favorites anyway! I love their voices and the song is so sweet. I never really talked about the video, but it’s so so so cute!
– Four Times Around the Sun – Nell: I’m a fan of Nell (I should probably do a K-pop Findings about them soon) and this song was far from a disappointment. It’s a really nice song and definitely one of the highlights of this month.
– 해도 해도 너무했어 – Navi: I don’t think many people know about this song, and I apologize but I don’t really know how to translate the title, but I really liked it and I thought her voice was great. 🙂
– Video Games – Boys’ Republic: I haven’t really talked about this song much, but I find it to be really catchy, and the chorus is really cool. It’s an overall really awesome song and more people should give it a listen!
– I have a girlfriend – JYP: Such an old song! I know, I know, but I rediscovered it this month, and I decided I’d include it for all of you that haven’t heard of it already. I’m sure that there’s a better version of this song somewhere, and despite the fact that this video is cringeworthy, I decided to include it anyways because hey, awesome blast from the past. The song is great though, especially the guitar parts :3
– R.O.D – G.D.: I didn’t listen to this song when it was released (I really don’t know why) and when I found this song, I fell in love with it, and especially the chorus. It’s an awesome, and I really love this particular performance too.
– Secret Love – B.A.P: Another B.A.P song (hehe sorry about that) and I do know that it’s really old, but I rediscovered this song this month. It’s really nice!
– See Through – Kwon Jin Ah: I know lots of people were crazy about her cover of this song, and although it’s part of the audition program K-Pop Star, I had to include it here because her voice is so great and my oh my, what an amazing song and performance. I can not get over her voice. K-Pop Star fans unite! 😀 Oh, and check out the original here if you’d like!
– Wild Flower – Park Hyo Shin: This song is so relaxing, and beautiful at the same time. If you’re needing to wind down, calm down with a great song, this is for you!
Also, here are some of my favorites from Talking about’s in this month. To be honest, the songs this month were all pretty awesome, so these are just a few that I decided to include here too.
Without You – Lee Michelle, Come Back Home – 2NE1, Full Moon – Sunmi, Be a Man – MBLAQ, and many others (that I won’t include here but check them out in the actual Talking about’s) haha :3
I’m pretty sure I’m missing some songs (sorry, I’ll keep track of songs better next month hehe) and I’ll update this as I remember them, but this is it for now! I really hope you guys enjoyed this and don’t forget to include your suggestions too! I hope April is even better than March for all of you! 🙂 I’m looking forward to all the cool songs that will be released in April! Thanks for reading, and all the support! 🙂
Hugs from your fellow K-Popper! ❤